To start, we have to assume that Lance Briggs was hammered when he crashed his Lamborghini over the weekend. He hit a light pole at 3:15 AM, if nothing good happens after midnight, then only evil happens after 3 AM. I question his account of the incident, to say the least:
When it happened, the first thing I did was, obviously, I panicked, I didn't want there to be a big scene there. And so I left the scene. When I left, I called the tow truck. I also was startled, and I called to report that my car was stolen. Within probably 10 minutes, I called back and accepted responsibility for what I did because it was ridiculous in the first place.
Reporting his car stolen was probably not the best choice to avoid persecution, but getting the hell away from the scene of the crime was fucking genius. The move seems obvious now as it was clearly made to avert the punishment of Goodell, but I'd argue that inventing the light bulb also seemed obvious after the fact considering the human need for light. Like
(Let’s assume the following story is completely fabricated, the names have changed, and I’ve inserted myself in the story … for effect, not because I was actually there because I wasn't, OK?)
‘I’ wish ‘I’ had Briggs’ example back when ‘I’ was drinking and driving. ‘My’ friend, ‘Darnell’ and ‘I’ had an extremely lucky situation with the fuzz a few years back. ‘We’ [I’m done with the quotes] had been pre-gaming for some high school graduation party, and on the ride there, we got hit by some douche bag. Darnell was driving, but it was 100% not his fault. We turned into the next neighborhood, and were strongly considering fleeing the scene, but Darnell stopped (like a pussy). I grabbed the case of beer in the backseat and literally ran down the street to hide it from the cops. People came outside the house when they heard the crash, making the dead sprint with a case of beer an awkward situation for me. However, the guys that hit us drove away from the scene, so we were good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment