One of the many knocks the "I Hate Jay Cutler" fan club have been spewing about him recently -- in addition to labeling him an interception machine -- is the accusation that he always blames things on his teammates or coaches and never believes anything is his fault.
Maybe that was the case in the past, but it's not this year. We can't be sure if Cutler decided to change, if he was never really lacking as much accountability as advertised or if someone on the Bears coaching staff read him the riot act after his dismal debut. Regardless, he sounds pretty accountable and respectful to his teammates.
From CBS Sports:
"Any time you put a defense in a hole like I did with four picks it's going to be tough. I've got to limit that," Cutler said, adding he was disappointed in his own performance. "But on a good note, we did some good things out there. We made some plays, our receivers played well, the line played well. I've just got to pick it up."The CBS Sports report also said Cutler "vowed" to play better the rest of the season.
It's good to hear, and I'm expecting to start seeing it come to fruition on the field. This weekend against the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers presents quite the test, but they have lost Troy Polamalu to injury and Kerry Collins did throw for 244 yards and a touchdown last week against Pitt. Another positive is that the game is Cutler's regular season debut in Chicago, where fans have been clamoring for a star quarterback for about 285 years.
Second guessing your best? Why not get a second opinion and read some experienced Handicapper Reviews
Only looking for an NFL Handicapper no problem, check out docsports.com for the most accurate and complete information.
0 comments:
Post a Comment